(Neb)-TransCanada Changes Name, Says Keystone XL Missed 2019 Construction
CALGARY - A top executive of TransCanada says court delays have forced it to miss the 2019 construction season for the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline.
Executive vice president Paul Miller made the statement during a Friday earnings call with analysts that also included the announcement that shareholders approved a change of name from TransCanada to TC Energy Corp.
Company plans to begin construction of the long-delayed pipeline got blocked last November when a federal judge in Montana ordered additional environmental reviews of the project.
President Donald Trump has been trying to push it through and issued a new permit for Keystone last month, but it has also been challenged by opponents who have characterized it as an attempt to sidestep the courts.
The $8 billion pipeline would carry up to 830,000 barrels of crude oil daily along a route stretching from Canada to Nebraska.
The route would cross the western half of South Dakota and eastern half of Nebraska diagonally before joining the route of the existing Keystone pipeline southeast of Beatrice.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.