51° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us
 

Listen Live



KCSR EEO Report
KBPY EEO Report
KCSR Public File
KBPY Public File

(Neb)-Use Of Torch To Thaw Pipes Starts Fire, Destroys House

By: John Axtell Posted at: 02/08/2019 10:36 PM
KIMBALL, Neb. (AP) - Kimball fire officials say a blaze that destroyed a house Thursday afternoon was the result of trying to thaw frozen pipes with a propane weed-burning torch.

      Kimball Volunteer Fire Chief Rick Wynne told KNEB News that 2 rooms of the manufactured home were already in flames when firefighters arrived shortly after 1:00 p.m. The fire eventually caused the roof to collapse.

      Chief Wynne said firefighters, who spent 4-1/2-hours at the scene, were hampered by the cold and windy weather but suffered no injuries.

       Only the husband was home at the time of the fire. Carissa Smith with Firefighter Ministry says her organization has taken care of the couple's immediate needs while community members donated food and clothing.


Comments:


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.