(Neb)-Teen To Be Tried As Adult For Ogallala Murder
OGALLALA, Neb. (AP) - The Nebraska Appeals Court says a 16-year-old boy charged with murder in Ogallala should be tried in adult court.
In a ruling released Tuesday, the court agreed with a Keith County judge who had denied a motion to move the case to juvenile court. The teen has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.
The boy was 15 when he allegedly stabbed to death 25-year-old John Fratis on March 28 of last year.
His attorney, Maren Chaloupka of Scottsbluff, says they will be discussing whether to appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.