62° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us
 

Listen Live

Click Here To

Sign Our Guest Book


RSS Feed

KCSR EEO Report
KBPY EEO Report
KCSR Public File
KBPY Public File

(Neb)-Overheated Equipment At Banner Co Missile Site Hospitalizes Two

By: John Axtell Posted at: 04/11/2018 02:26 PM
photo - Ryan Murphy/KNEB/RRN
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - The U-S Air Force says two active-duty members suffered minor smoke inhalation Tuesday afternoon when a piece of electrical equipment overheated and smoke filled a Minuteman Missile Alert Facility south of Scottsbluff in Banner County.

      Colonel Matthew Dillow, vice commander of the 90th Missile Wing at Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, says the two staffers evacuated the facility before suffering serious injury, the public was never in danger, and the safety of the missile system was never threatened.

      Colonel Dillow says the Gering and Banner County fire departments responded to the call from the Alert Facility about 3:40 and quickly determined the cause of the smoke, while the two Air Force members were taken to Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff.

      Dillow thanks what he calls the "outstanding local community first responders" for providing such rapid support, adding that their professionalism and swift response were key to the safe resolution of the incident.


Comments:


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.