(Neb)-Chadron Primary School Should Reopen Tuesday
CHADRON - Chadron School Superintendent Dr Caroline Winchester says it appears a blown fuse was responsible for the failure of the heating system at Chadron Primary School, leading to a last-minute cancellation of classes today.
Winchester says a technician found and replaced the faulty fuse in the variable refrigerant flow system morning and that the system has been working fine since then. She expects Principal Libby Uhing to announce shortly that Chadron Primary will reopen with normal hours tomorrow.
Also cancelled at the last minute today was the American Red Cross blood drive at Chadron State College. Red Cross spokesman Samantha Pollard says icy road conditions made it too dangerous for equipment and personnel to arrive in time for the planned blood drive.
Pollard says blood drive was always planned as a two-day event and the Red Cross plans to be up and running with the second day tomorrow as scheduled.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.