8° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us

Listen Live

KCSR Public File
KBPY Public File

- Public Notification of WIC Benefits

Public Notification of WIC Benefits:

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. Foster children up to 5 years of age are also eligible. You must live in the state of Nebraska to receive Nebraska WIC benefits and fall within these income guidelines:

Income Guidelines (Effective - June 2018)

Family Size
















































Applicants residing in homeless facilities may receive WIC benefits provided that

the facility has been assessed by the local agency and approved as meeting the

conditions outlined in federal regulations for these facilities.

The WIC Program is offered through Western Community Health Resources, a department of Chadron Community Health Corporation at the following locations and times:

Gordon: 229 North Main Street, Every Thursday, 9:15 AM to 5 PM

Chadron: 300 Shelton Street, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM

Second Saturday of the Month, 9 AM to 1 PM

Alliance: 619 Box Butte Ave, Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 4:30 PM

Crawford: 11 Paddock Street, First Monday of every month, 9 AM to 12 PM

Please call (308) 432 8979 or stop in to make an appointment! We look forward to hearing from you!

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.