(Neb)-Vehicle Fire Destorys Van In Chadron
CHADRON - Chadron firefighters spent the better part of a half-hour late this morning battling a stubborn vehicle fire at the corner of 2nd and Pine Streets. Fire officials list the van as a total loss.
The call was received about 11:30 after a passing vehicle spotted flames under the van. Good Samaritans Mark Brennan and Hunter Hageman helped the occupants get out safely and began spraying the fire with water from a nearby garden hose.
The Chadron VFD arrived a short time later and began putting foam on and around the van to smother the fire, but it kept rekindling...apparently from the same fuel leak blamed for the fire itself.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.