65° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us

Listen Live

Click Here To

Sign Our Guest Book

RSS Feed

KCSR Annual EEO Report
KBPY Annual EEO Report

(Neb.)-Wilson Park Trash Can Melted Due To Fireworks Disposal

By: Chris Fankhauser Posted at: 06/29/2013 07:54 PM

(Chadron)-Crews from the Chadron Fire Department responded to a fire in a trash can at Wilson Park on Saturday evening. It was called in around 7:30, and was suspected to be the result of fireworks.
The trash can was one of the larger rubber trash cans used by SWANN in the park, and was located on the upper loop just off of 10th Street. One truck responded and was able to quickly extinguish the blaze.
Chadron Fire Chief Pat Gould was on scene, and said it appeared someone was using fireworks in the park and did the right thing by cleaning up after themselves. However, they did not make sure the spent fireworks were completely out by dousing them with water prior to putting them into the rubber container.
According to Gould, the fire department gets at least three or four calls every Fourth of July season for fires started by fireworks, and so far this is the first one. He would like to remind people using the devices to make sure there is a water supply around and douse them thoroughly after they have been set off.
(Questions? Comments? Email news@chadrad.com)
(Copyright 2013 KCSR/Chadrad Communications, Inc. May not be reproduced in any form without permission.)


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.