82° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us

Listen Live

Click Here To

Sign Our Guest Book

RSS Feed

KCSR Annual EEO Report
KBPY Annual EEO Report

(Neb.)-Chadron Home Likely Total Loss After Friday Fire

By: Chris Fankhauser Posted at: 03/15/2013 12:11 PM

(Chadron)-A Friday morning house fire in Chadron likely made the structure uninhabitable. The Chadron Volunteer Fire Department was called to the 100 block of North Pine Street shortly before noon, and upon arrival, flames and smoke could be seen shooting out from under the roof of the home.
Crews battled the flames for at least a half hour before they were able to get the blaze controlled, and personnel then made their way to the roof of the house to analyze some of the damage and start using hand tools to put out any hot spots. As of 1 pm, the fire department was still on scene.
The home belongs to Fred Broberg, who was not at home when the fire started, but arrived shortly after. He and some other family members who live in Chadron and were at the scene were told by Chadron Fire Chief Pat Gould that the fire likely started in the kitchen area of the home. They will not be allowed to enter the home until an investigator has a chance to gather evidence at the scene to determine the exact cause of the fire.
Broberg’s nephew, Jeff, said that he was sure the home would be considered a total loss. He also stated the home had been in the family for years, as it belonged to his grandmother, and he had grown up there. As more information is released by officials, we will pass that along to our listeners.
(Questions? Comments? Email news@chadrad.com)
(Copyright 2013 KCSR/Chadrad Communications, Inc. May not be reproduced in any form without permission.)


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.