(Neb.)-City Truck Burns At Street Department Thursday
A carburetor system malfunction in a City of Chadron sand truck got out of control about 4 o’clock Thursday afternoon (October 4), resulting in a call to the Chadron Volunteer Fire department.
According to Public Works Director Milo Rust, the fire apparently started because of a carburetor malfunction. Street Department employees attempted to extinguish the fire with an ABC fire extinguisher, but were unable to control it.
The unit was in an open area adjacent to the street shop, and the fire was restricted to the unit. The 1986 GMC, which had an estimated value of $3,500.00, was considered totaled.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.