(S.D.) - Nine of 10 establishments found to be in compliance
On April 25, 2012, the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office conducted compliance checks of alcohol establishments. A total of 10 establishments were checked, and 9 were found to be in compliance. One establishment, Corner Pantry, located at 218 S. BLVD in Wall, sold to an underage informant. The seller was issued a court appearance citation for furnishing alcohol to a minor. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500.00 fine or both.
The following establishments were checked and in compliance:
- Cactus Café, PO Box 306, Wall, SD 57790
- Wall Food Center, PO Box 409, Wall, SD 57790
- Two Bit Saloon, 38 Hwy 1416, Quinn, SD 57775
- Road Trip Café, PO Box 422, Wall, SD 57790
- Wall Auto Livery, PO Box 401, Wall, SD 57790
- Badlands Bar, PO Box 420, Wall, SD 57790
- Common Cents Food Store, PO Box 311, Wall, SD 57790
The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office is committed to protecting the youth in the community. We will continue to conduct compliance checks in efforts to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.