(Neb.) - US disaster aid unlikely for Lincoln County
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (AP) - A county official says Lincoln County has fallen well below federal minimums to get disaster help in recovering from four tornadoes that struck last month.
The tornadoes that struck near North Platte on March 18 caused at least $2.1 million damage and prompted Lincoln County to declare a disaster.
But county emergency manager Dan Guenthner told the Board of Commissioners earlier this week that one of the criteria for aid is that 177-200 homes be destroyed. Two homes and some farm buildings have been listed as destroyed, and 10 more homes were damaged. At least four people were injured.
Also, the county won't seek help from the governor's emergency fund because no public infrastructure was destroyed.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.